Ingredients for Dehiwala Aloo:
1. Potato medium sized – 4
2. Oil – 100 milli
3. Cumin seeds – A pinch
4. Asafoetida powder – ¼ small spoon
5. Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 small spoon
Salt – For taste
6. Thick curd (medium sour) – 1 cup
Water – ¼ cup
7. Coriander leaves – For taste
How to prepare Dehiwala Aloo?
1. Remove skin of potatoes and cook using a pressure cooker.
2. Smash it gently using your hands.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sputter cumin seeds.
4. Add asafoetida powder, followed by ingredients no: 5.
5. Add smashed potatoes and mix it well for a few minutes till the contents are fried.
6. Blend well curd adding water using a mixer and add to well fried potatoes.
7. Till the curry boils, stir it continuously.
8. When it boils well, take off from flame.
9. Decorate with coriander leaves, and serve with chappatti.
Courtesy: Vanitha magazine July 1-14, 2010
Read a few more potato curry recipes below. Click on the images to read