Chemmeen Olan (Prawns Olan)
Ingredients for Chemmeen Olan (Prawns Olan):
1. Prawns – ¼ kg
2. Onions – 1 big, cut into square pieces
3. Green chillies – 2, split into two
4. Ginger – 1 big piece, crushed
5. Salt – As required
6. Coconut milk – 1.5 cups
7. Coconut oil – 2 big spoons
8. Curry leaves – As required
How to prepare Chemmeen Olan (Prawns Olan)?
1. Clean prawns and keep aside.
2. Add half cup water to prawns, along with ginger, salt and onions and boil the contents.
3. When prawns are well cooked, add thick coconut milk and cook again.
4. When curry thickens, pour coconut oil and add curry leaves.
5. Take off the prawn olan from stove.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine August 15-31, 2016
My Tip: While I prepared this easy dish, I crushed a few pepper seeds and add to prawns while cooking. It enhanced the flavour of this dish. Also I cooked prawns, adding a little coconut milk powder. You can also substitute with second extract of coconut milk, or a table spoon of first extract coconut milk. You can also prepare potato stew in similar fashion. Just substitute prawns with potatoes, cut into small square pieces.
You can read few more delicious prawn side dish recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.