Cheera Ila Masiyal (Spinach Masiyal)
Ingredients for Cheera Ila Masiyal (Spinach Masiyal):
1. Cleaned green spinach chopped fine – 8 cups
2. Lime (Chunnamb) – ¼ small spoon
3. Asafoetida – ¼ small spoon
Salt – As required
4. Coconut oil – 1 big spoon
5. Mustard seeds – ¾ small spoon
Red chillies – 2
Urud daal (black gram daal) – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Cheera Ila Masiyal (Spinach Masiyal)?
1. Cook spinach adding lime. Drain off excess water.
2. When contents get cooled, grind well in a mixer.
3. Add salt and asafoetida to this paste and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan and sauté ingredients no: 5.
5. Add spinach paste to it, and stir well.
6. When the contents get heated, take off from flame.
7. Cheera Ila Masiyal should be thick.
Note: Cheera Ila Masiyal can also be prepared without adding lime.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 15-31, 2016
Read a few more leafy vegetable side dishes/curry recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.