Chakka Kuru Payasam (Jack Seed Payasam)
Ingredients for Chakka Kuru Payasam (Jack Seed Payasam):
1. Jack seeds cleaned and chopped to fine pieces – 1 cup
Bengal gram (Paripp) – ½ cup
Salt and water – As required
2. Jaggery – 200 gm
Water – 100 milli
3. Coconut milk 1st extract – 100 milli
Coconut milk 2nd extract – 100 milli
4. Ghee – 3 big spoons
5. Cashews – 10
Raisins – 10
6.Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
How to prepare Chakka Kuru Payasam (Jack Seed Payasam)?
1. Mix together ingredients no: 1 and cook in pressure cooker. Put the flame off after two whistles.
2. Once the pressure drops to zero, open the lid and smash well the ingredients.
3. Add water to jaggery and melt it to prepare jaggery solution.
4. Heat an urli and pour jaggery solution to it.
5. Also add gram-jack seed mixture to it and cook well in low flame. Stir continuously.
6. When the water content gets fully absorbed and payasam turns dry, add coconut milk second extract to it and allow the contents to boil.
7. Cook again till your payasam thickens.
8. Add coconut milk first extract to it, mix well and put the flame off.
9. Fry cashews and raisins in ghee and add to your jack seed payasam.
10. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2016
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.