Ingredients for Butterscotch Sponge:
1. Condensed milk – 1 tin
Milk – 2 tins
2. Yellow yolk – From 6 eggs
3. Gelatin – 2 big spoons
Water – ½ cup
4. Sugar – 1 cup
5. Boiled water – ½ cup
6. Butter – 50 gm
7. Vanilla essence – 1 small spoon
8. White yolk – From 6 eggs
9. Sugar powdered – ½ cup
How to prepare Butterscotch Sponge?
1. Mix condensed milk and milk together.
2. Add yellow yolk and beat well.
3. Using double boiling method, boil the contents by inserting the container inside boiling water. The milk mixture thickens.
4. Soak gelatin and then melt it using double boiling method.
5. Add gelatin to the prepared custard slowly and keep stirring.
6. In a thick bottomed pan, heat sugar.
7. When it starts melting, stir it well.
8. When it turns red, add boiling water and stir well.
9. Add butter to it and mix well and allow it to thicken.
10. Pour this sugar mixture to the prepared custard and mix well.
11. Also add vanilla essence and mix well.
12. Using an egg beater, beat white yolk in a bowl.
13. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat again.
14. When it turns thick, add to custard and gently mix it.
15. Place your custard in refrigerator and use.
16. Decorate with caramelized nuts, mint and cherry and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine March 15-31, 2018
Read a few delicious cakes & bakes recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read