Ingredients for Broccoli-Corn Tikki:
1. Broccoli – 250 gm
2. Corn – 150 gm
3. Oil – As required
4. Onions chopped fine – 5 small spoons
Garlic chopped fine – 2 small spoons
Ginger chopped fine – 1small spoon
Green chillies chopped fine – 2 small spoons
5. Coriander powder – 1 big spoon
Chilli powder – 2 small spoons
6. Coriander leaves chopped fine – 1 big spoon
Onions chopped fine – 1 big spoon
Thick curd – 1 big spoon
Salt – For taste
7. Onions sliced and lemon pieces – To decorate
How to prepare Broccoli-Corn Tikki?
1. Clean broccoli and corns and smash once using a mixer.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté ingredients no: 4.
3. When onions turn light brown, add broccoli and corns and sauté the ingredients.
4. When it’s done, add ingredients no: 5 and mix well.
5. Cook till water content is fully absorbed.
6. Add salt and take off from flame.
7. When it cools well, make small balls out of them.
8. Mix together ingredients no: 6.
9. Place a little curd mixture inside each broccoli ball and press it gently.
10. Roll it again to make a perfect ball and press it similar to a cutlet.
11. Heat a tawa and fry both sides till golden brown.
12. Decorate your tikkis using lemon pieces and onion.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine 2010, May 1-14
Read a few more delicious cutlet/tikki/patties recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.