Beet Root Curry
Ingredients for Beet Root Curry:
1. Beet root – 6 small
Carrot – 4 small
Elephant yam – 1 big
2. Ghee – 2 big spoons
3. Fennel seeds – ¼ small spoon
4. Dried thyme – ¼ small spoon
Bay leaf – 1
Water – 2 cups
5. Salt and pepper – As required
6. Curd – 1/3 cup
How to prepare Beet Root Curry?
1. Clean the vegetables and cut into small square pieces.
2. In a big pan, heat ghee and sauté fennel seeds. Then add cut vegetables and ingredients no: 4.
3. Cook in low flame for 45 minutes. Use a spatula and mix the contents once in a while to avoid sticking to bottom of pan.
4. Now remove he bay leaf and add salt and pepper.
5. Add curd to your beet root curry and mix well. Put the flame off.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, July 1-14, 2017
Read a few more beet root recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.