Badam Kesar Peda
Ingredients for Badam Kesar Peda:
1. Almonds – ¼ cup
2. Saffron – A pinch
3. Warm milk – 3 table spoons
4. Sugar – 2 table spoons
5. Milk powder – ½ cup
6. Ghee – ½ spoon
How to prepare Badam Kesar Peda?
1. Soak almonds in hot water for 15 minutes.
2. Remove skin of almonds and keep aside.
3. Dip saffron in hot milk.
4. Add sugar and blend well almonds and saffron using a blender.
5. Heat a thick bottomed pan.
6. Add almond mixture, milk powder and ghee.
7. Mix together, and cook the ingredients in medium flame.
8. When the mixture is well sauted, and turns non-sticky to the edges of the pan, take off from flame.
9. Allow the mixture to cool.
10. Smear your hands and make small balls from this mixture.
11. Decorate each piece with an almond.
Courtesy: Grihalakshmi Magazine April 1-15, 2018