Aval Nanachath + Upperi (Rice Flakes + Banana Chips)
Ingredients for Aval Nanachath + Upperi (Rice Flakes + Banana Chips):
For Rice Flakes:
1. Rice flakes – 1.75 cups
Coconut scrapped – 1 cup
Ghee – A small spoon
2. Sugar/jaggery scrapped – As required
Cardamom powder – A pinch
For Banana Chips:
3. Raw banana (Kerala big-sized banana) – 4
4. Salt – For taste
5. Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
6. Coconut oil – For frying
How to prepare Aval Nanachath + Upperi (Rice Flakes + Banana Chips)?
1. Mix together ingredients no: 1 manually and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
2. Add sugar and cardamom powder and mix it well.
3. To prepare chips, slice banana thin and fully immerse in turmeric water for 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry banana pieces adding little by little.
5. Stir occasionally.
6. Sprinkle salt water and close it for 1 minute.
7. Then mix it well, fry it well and drain excess oil.
8. Break chips to pieces and add to prepared rice flakes and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine February 15-28, 2018
You can read a few more Rice Flakes recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.