Sweet Cutlet (Madhura Cutlet)
Soya beans with proteins and sweet potato filled with energy – they together combine to give an amazing snack for kids.
Ingredients for Sweet Cutlet (Madhura Cutlet):
1. Sweet potato medium sized – 1
2. Soya chunks – ½ cups
Salt and pepper powder – As required
3. Onions cut into square pieces – ½ cup
Ginger chopped fine – 1 small piece
Green chillies chopped fine – 2
Garlic chopped fine – 4 cloves
4. Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Pepper powder – ½ small spoon
Chicken masala – 1 small spoon
Salt – As required
5. Egg – 1
6. Bread crumbs – ½ cup
7. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Sweet Cutlet (Madhura Cutlet)?
1. Cook sweet potato and smash it well.
2. Wash soya chunks and cook in a pressure cooker adding salt and pepper powder.
3. Heat oil in a pan, and sauté ingredients no: 3.
4. Add ingredients no: 4 and stir it well.
5. Add smashed sweet potato and cooked soya chunks and mix well.
6. Take off from flame and allow the contents to cool.
7. Make small balls from the mixture and make cutlet shapes.
8. Dip in beaten eggs, roll over bread crumps and deep fry in hot oil.
9. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine 2010, March 1-14
Read a few more delicious cutlet recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.