Super snack using protein rich soya chunks; It will be equally loved by kids and adults.
Ingredients for Soya Pakoda:
1.Soya chunks – 1 cup
2.Pepper powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – For taste
3.Gram powder – ¼ cup
Rice powder fried – 2 small spoons
Chilli powder – 2 small spoons
Asafoetida powder – 1/2 small spoon
Salt and water – For preparation
4.Oil – For frying
How to prepare Soya Pakoda?
1. Wash soya chunks and soak in water for half an hour.
2. Pressure cook soya chunks adding salt and pepper.
3. Wait for 2 whistles and turn off the flame.
4. Mix together ingredients no: 3 to prepare the batter.
5. Heat oil, dip soya chunks in batter (one by one) and deep fry in hot oil.
6. You can skew soya chunks using a tooth pick and serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine 2010, March 1-14