Fish-Semolina Fry (Meen Rava Fry)
Ingredients for Fish-Semolina Fry (Meen Rava Fry):
1. Fish – 750 gm
2. Red chilli paste – 2 big spoons
Ginger-garlic paste – 4 small spoons
Lemon juice – 4 big spoons
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Gram flour – A small spoon
Rice flour – A small spoon
Corn flour – 2 small spoons
Salt – For taste
3. Semolina – 125 gm
4. Groundnut oil – For frying
How to prepare Fish-Semolina Fry (Meen Rava Fry)?
1. Clean fish and cut into small pieces.
2. Transfer ingredients no: 2 to a bowl and mix the ingredients well.
3. Marinate fish using this batter and allow it to rest for some time.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Wrap fish pieces in semolina, and fry in hot oil.
6. Use medium flame for cooking, and flip both sides to cook it well.
7. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine 2010, May 1-14