Ingredients for Cauliflower Sabzi:
1. Cauliflower – ½ kg
2. Mustard oil – 1 big spoon
3. Mustard, fenugreek, cumin seeds and fennel seeds – ¼ small spoon each
4. Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
5. Coriander powder – 1 big spoon
6. Chilli powder – 1 big spoon
7. Tomato – 2, medium sized, cut lengthwise
8. Garam masala powder – 1 small spoon
9. Coriander leaves – For decorating
How to prepare Cauliflower Sabzi?
1. Clean the cauliflower and separate the florets.
2. Heat mustard oil in a big kadai, and sauté mustard, fenugreek, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and fry the contents in low flame.
4. Add tomatoes and sauté it well.
5. Add cauliflower, salt and sufficient water and cook it well.
6. Add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves before you put off the flame.
Note: You can also sauté onions and add to Cauliflower Sabzi. You can make sabzi tastier by adding potatoes, capsicum or green peas, or a combination of any two or all the three.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine Dec 15-31, 2017