Carrot – Curd Mix
Carrot includes components such as beta carotene and Vitamin C, and cherry includes anthocyanin. Beta carotene wakes up memory, while anthocyanin induces it. When both these ingredients combine with protein rich curd and carbohydrate rich semolina, Carrot – Curd Mix provides a highly energetic dish for kids, and here is its recipe.
Ingredients for Carrot – Curd Mix:
1. Ghee – 2 small spoons
2. Semolina – 1 cup
3. Water – As required
4. Sour-less curd – 1.5 cups
5. Salt – As required
6. Carrot grated – ¼ cup
Cherry chopped fine – 1 big spoon
Roasted cashews and raisins – A little
Coriander leaves chopped – A little
How to prepare Carrot – Curd Mix?
1. Heat ghee in a pan and roast semolina till it turns light brown.
2. Add sufficient water and cook it well.
3. Reduce flame and add curd and salt. Mix it well.
4. When the contents thicken, put off the flame.
5. Add ingredients no: 6 to it, mix well and serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine 2010, March 1-14
Read a few more interesting carrot recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.