Baking a cake? A few simple ‘cake’ tips to make it tastier and perfect
1. If you don’t like egg smell of cake, add a spoon honey while preparing its batter.
2. While preparing pan cake if you use soda instead of water your pancake becomes softer.
3. Liquid glucose – used for icing cakes and similar purposes can be taken easily if used a moist spoon.
4. While caramelizing sugar for cakes and pudding, add 3 or 4 drops of lemon juice. Sugar never changes its colour to black.
5. While baking a cake, never open the oven before the right time. Cake won’t rise up. It may not bake properly.
6. Butter, eggs and other ingredients needed for the cake preparation should be taken out of the refrigerator long before you start the preparation process. Allow them to reach room temperature. Otherwise the batter may not turn softer.
7. If you want to use more than one egg for the preparation, never mix them together. Beat the first one, mix it well and then only add the second one.
8. Gently skew the baked cake with a toothpick at its centre. If the cake is well cooked, cake tester comes out clean. Otherwise flour may be stick on to it.
9. Once the cake is fully baked, never leave it inside the oven. Take it outside and allow to cool. Otherwise the cake may be overcooked.
Now let me introduce to you a few equipment which make your cake making and serving process easy
Revolving cake stand – This revolving cake stand make your icing process easier. Once you baked the cake, you can use this stand for icing and decoration process. It costs around 800 Indian rupees.
Icing set – Now icing set with four or more different sized nozzles are readily available. You can fill the icing mixture inside the tube and press it gently to get desired shapes. Its price starts from around 300 rupees.
Squeeze bottle – You can fill sauces for your cake in this bottle and press it on the top of your cake to do designs. Its price starts from around 100 rupees.
Cake stand – Once the cake is prepared, you can place it in a beautiful cake stand with closed lid. It’s available in different price ranges, and a standard one costs around 1800 rupees.
Cake nozzle Set – Nozzles of different shapes are readily available in market as a complete set. You can put them inside the piping bag for doing icing. A set may cost around 650 Indian rupees.
Image source: Pixabay