Walnut Streusel Cake
Ingredients for Walnut Streusel Cake:
1. Butter – 3 big spoons, melted
Walnuts chopped – 1 cup
Brown sugar – 1/3 cup
Maida – ¼ cup
Cinnamon powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – ½ small spoon
2. Maida – 270 gm
Baking powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – As required
3. Butter – 250 gm
Sugar – 230 gm
4. Eggs – 5
5. Vanilla essence – 1 small spoon
6. Milk – ½ cup
How to prepare Walnut Streusel Cake?
1. Pre-heat oven in 175 degree celsious.
2. Place a paper in 9-inch tin.
3. Mix together ingredients no: 1 to prepare Streusel mixture.
4. Blend well ingredients no: 2 and keep aside.
5. Beat well sugar and butter. Add eggs one by one, beat well and add vanilla essence. Beat well before adding the next egg.
6. Add maida mixture and milk alternatively three times.
7. Mix well each time before adding maida mixture and milk for the next time and prepare cake mixture.
8. Pour half amount of cake mixture to pan and spread the half amount of Streusel mixture.
9. Again pour the remaining cake mixture and spread Streusel mixture as the next layer.
10. Bake this cake in pre-heated oven till golden brown. It takes approximately one hour for the cake to cook.
11. When it’s done, take the cake out of oven and allow it to cool.
12. After 1 hour, transfer the cake from pan to an air-tight container and store.
Vanitha Magazine December 1-14, 2017
You can read few more delicious cake recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.