Ingredients for Rava Cake:
1. Roasted rava – 1 glass
2. Water – ¼ cup
Sugar – ¾ glass
3. Coconut scrapped – ¾ glass
Cardamom powder – A little
4. Ghee – 1 big spoon
5. Cashews – 10, split into two (20 pieces)
How to prepare Rava Cake?
1. Boil water adding sugar.
2. Add scrapped coconut and cardamom powder to it.
3. When it starts sticking, add rava and ghee and take off from flame.
4. Take a small mould and place half amount of cashews at its centre.
5. Place the half quantity of rava mixture on its top and edges, press it well and prepare cake shape.
6. Wait for some time till it solidifies.
7. Turn this cake upside down on a plate and separate from mould.
8. Continue the process with remaining rava mixture and cashews.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine October 15-31, 2010