Rava Bread Toast (Semolina Bread Toast)
Ingredients for Rava Bread Toast:
1. Semolina (Rava) – ½ cup
Thick Curd – ½ cup
2. Green chillies – 1, finely chopped (after removing seeds)
Ginger – ½ inch, chopped
Onions – 1, finely chopped (optional)
Carrot – 1, grated (optional)
Salt – ½ tsp
Tomato finely chopped – 2 table spoons
Capsicum finely chopped – 2 table spoons (Any colour of your choice, or a mix of two or three)
Coriander leaves – 2 table spoons
3. Bread slices – 6 (White or wheat bread)
4. Ghee – For frying
How to prepare Rava Bread Toast?
1. First you need to prepare the batter.
2. Take rava in a bowl and add half cup thick curd.
3. Mix the contents well.
4. Add ingredients no: 2 to it and mix well to prepare the batter.
5. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Apply 1 or 2 tsp of this batter on one side of each bread slice as a thin layer and spread it evenly.
7. Heat a tawa and apply a coat of ghee on its surface.
8. Spread bread pieces on tawa. The side where you applied the batter should be fried first.
9. Apply a little ghee on the other side (optional).
10. Fry the bread slices in medium flame so that rava mixture never turns to dark brown.
11. You can also press the bread slices using hands or spatula occasionally.
12. When rava mixture is fried well and turns golden brown, flip the bread slices to toast the other side also.
13. Fry this side also till it turns golden brown.
14. You can cut your toasts diagonal wise into two triangular halves if you desire so.
15. Serve your bread toast with sauces or chutneys of your choice. Serve hot.
Note: You can prepare many variants in this bread toast. You can turn it more tastier and spicy if you use cheese slice on one side and rava batter on other. Procedure is same, instead of toasting the second side with ghee, place a cheese slice, and allow it to melt.
You can also try non-vegetarian variants by adding cooked & minced meat/chicken (or cut very finely) to semolina batter used for toasting.
A simple onion & tomato chops added to semolina batter is also fine. You can try different combinations and please give your feedback.