Ingredients for Palak Pakoda:
1. Palak – 8-10 leaves, medium sized
2. Gram flour – 2 cups
Rice powder – ¼ cup
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Cumin powder – ½ small spoon
Salt – As required
Baking powder – A pinch
3.Oil – For frying
How to prepare Palak Pakoda?
1. Wash the palak leaves and whip off the water content.
2. Mix together ingredients no: 2.
3. Add a little water and prepare thick batter.
4. Dip each palak leaf in this batter and deep fry in hot oil.
5. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine October 15-31, 2010
You can read a few more chips/pakoda snack recipes here. Click on the gallery images to read.