Ingredients for Kongan Pathiri:
1. Par boiled rice (Puzhungalari) – 1 glass
2. Coconut scrapped – ½ cup
Shallots – 6
Fennel seeds – ½ big spoon
Salt – As required
3. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Kongan Pathiri?
1. Soak rice for 8 long hours in water.
2. Grind it in mixer without adding too much water.
3. Before rice is grinded to a fine paste, add ingredients no: 2 to it.
4. Now make a fine paste.
5. Take a banana leaf and spread a little batter and make small poori.
6. Heat oil and deep fry the pathiri.
7. Continue the process in remaining batter as well.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, August 1-14, 2010