Jeeraka Pathiri (Cumin Pathiri)
Ingredients for Jeeraka Pathiri (Cumin Pathiri):
1. Wheat powder – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Chilli powder – ½ small spoon
Salt – As required
2. Cumin seeds – 2 small spoons
3. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Jeeraka Pathiri (Cumin Pathiri)?
1. Add sufficient water to ingredients no: 1 and knead dough similar to chapatti’s.
2. Make small balls out of them, and spread them to thick pooris.
3. Spread flour as required, and also a little cumin seeds on both sides throughout this process.
4. Make star shapes (as shown in figure) using your fingers.
5. Deep fry your jeera pathiris in hot oil.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, November 1-14, 2010
You can read more Pathiri recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.