Grilled Paneer with Dal Sauce
Ingredients for Grilled Paneer with Dal Sauce:
1. Paneer – 100 gm
2. Capsicum (green, red and yellow) cut into square pieces – 6 pieces each (each colour)
3. Onion – 1, cut into square pieces
4. Tomato – 1, cut into square pieces
5. Curd – ½ cup
Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – For taste
6. Sambar dal – 100 gm
7. Ghee – 1 big spoon
8. Onion – 1, chopped fine
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped fine
Ginger – 1 small piece, chopped fine
9. Tomato – ½, chopped fine
Salt – As required
How to prepare Grilled Paneer with Dal Sauce?
1. Cut paneer to small pieces, deep fry in hot oil and immerse in cold water.
2. Pierce paneer, capsicum, onion and tomato in a skewer in alternate fashion.
3. Mix together ingredients no: 5 and marinate the above ingredients.
4. Allow it to rest for a while and grill it.
5. Cook dal and keep aside.
6. Heat ghee in a pan and sauté ingredients no: 8.
7. When it’s done, add tomato and salt and mix well.
8. Add cooked dal to it, mix well and take off from flame.
9. Transfer this dal sauce to a serving plate and place the grilled vegetables on its top to serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, November 1-14, 2010
You can read more Paneer recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.