Etta Thalayum Kaayum (Catfish Head with raw banana)
Ingredients for Etta Thalayum Kaayum (Catfish Head with raw banana):
1. Etta Thala – ½ kg, cleaned and cut into small pieces
2. Raw banana – ½ kg cut into small pieces
3. Ginger – 1 big piece
Green chillies – 2
Shallots – 10
Curry leaves – 2 stalks
4. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
5. Coconut scrapped – ½
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Shallots – 2
6. Coconut oil – As needed
Mustard, curry leaves and red chillies – For tempering
How to prepare Etta Thalayum Kaayum (Catfish Head with raw banana)?
1. Take a pressure cooker and add fish head pieces, crushed ingredients no: 3, powders and water sufficient to cook it.
2. When it’s cooked, add cut banana pieces and cook again.
3. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 5 and add to cooked fish along with a little water.
4. Allow the curry to boil well and put the flame off.
5. Temper the curry with ingredients no: 6.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine October 1-14, 2013
Read a few more delicious non-veg fish side dish/curry recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.