Etta Mutta Curry (Catfish Egg Curry)
Etta eggs are very delicious and used to prepare many non-vegetarian dishes. They are available in market in small pockets. They resemble small balls put in thin plastic covers. Here is one normal procedure to remove eggs from that pocket. Wash the egg cover as such. Boil some water and immerse this packet in boiling water for 4 minutes. Now transfer the egg packet to cold water and cool it well. now you can easily remove skin and take eggs.
Ingredients for Etta Mutta Curry (Catfish Egg Curry):
1. Eggs of Etta (Catfish) – ½ cup
2. Onion – 1, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 small piece
3. Tomato – 1, finely chopped
4. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Chilli powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Salt – For taste
How to prepare Etta Mutta Curry (Catfish Egg Curry)?
1. Sauté ginger and onions in a hot pan, after adding a little oil.
2. Add tomatoes and sauté again.
3. When tomatoes are well cooked, add the powders and salt and fry well.
4. Now add eggs to it and cook for a few minutes till it turns thick.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine October 1-14, 2013
Read a few more delicious non-veg fish side dish/curry recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.