Brinjal Fry (Vazhuthananga Varuthath)
Ingredients for Brinjal Fry (Vazhuthananga Varuthath):
1. Violet brinjal – ½ kg
2. Gram flour – 2 big spoons
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Coriander powder – 1 big spoon
Cumin powder – ½ small spoon
Salt – As required
Garam masala powder – ½ small spoon
3. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Brinjal Fry (Vazhuthananga Varuthath)?
1. Cut brinjal to thick round slices.
2. Make marks in the brinjal pieces using a fork.
3. Mix together ingredients no: 2 and marinate the brinjal pieces.
4. Heat oil and fry brinjal pieces (similar to fish fry).
5. Flip both sides to cook both sides.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine October 15-31, 2010
Read a few more Brinjal Side Dish recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.