Brinjal Curry (Vazhuthananga Curry)
Ingredients for Brinjal Curry (Vazhuthananga Curry):
1. Violet brinjal cut into half inch pieces – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Chilli powder – ½ small spoon
2. Pepper powder – ¼ small spoon
Sesame seeds – ½ small spoon
White kuskus – ½ small spoon
3. Coconut oil – 1 big spoon
Garlic chopped – 1 small spoon
4. Tamarind juice – ½ cup
Salt – For taste
Jaggery – 1 small piece
How to prepare Brinjal Curry (Vazhuthananga Curry)?
1. Cook brinjal adding turmeric powder, chilli powder and half cup water.
2. Heat ingredients no: 2 and make a fine powder.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté chopped garlic.
4. Add the powders to it and finally tamarind juice.
5. Add salt, cooked brinjal pieces and jaggery piece and take off from flame.
Note: You can prepare this dish without adding kuskus too. Serve hot with Chapatti.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine October 15-31, 2010