Banana Oats Halwa (Ethapazham Oats Halwa)
Ingredients for Banana Oats Halwa (Ethapazham Oats Halwa):
1. Kerala Banana (Ethapazham) boiled and grinded in a mixer – 1 cup
2. Oats – 1 cup
3. Milk – 1 cup
4. Sugar – 1 cup
5. Ghee – 2 big spoons
6. Raisins and cashews – To decorate
How to prepare Banana Oats Halwa (Ethapazham Oats Halwa)?
1. Cook oats and banana paste adding milk.
2. When the contents thicken, add sugar and mix well.
3. Add ghee occasionally.
4. When halwa is fully cooked, it won’t stick to the inner surface of the container.
5. Continue stirring till halwa reaches this stage.
6. Once it’s done, transfer the contents to a plate. Apply a little ghee to the plate before you do so.
7. Decorate your halwa with cashews and raisins and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine October 15-31, 2010