Ingredients for Shahi Tukda:
1. Bread – 7 slices
2. Ghee – As required
3. Sugar – 4 big spoons
Water – 1 cup
4. Milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 4 big spoons
5. Condensed milk – ½ cup
Cardamom powder – ½ small powder
Saffron – A pinch
6. Pista, almonds – To decorate
How to prepare Shahi Tukda?
1. Remove the edges of bread slices and cut into two rectangular pieces.
2. Fry in hot ghee till golden brown.
3. Boil sugar adding water to prepare sugar solution. Keep it aside.
4. Heat sugar and milk in a thick bottomed pan.
5. When it boils, reduce the flame and cook till water content is fully absorbed. Stir continuously.
6. Spread fried bread pieces in a serving plate and pour sugar solution on its top.
7. Pour sugar-milk mixture on its top.
8. Decorate with pista and almonds and serve.
Vanitha Magazine September 1-14, 2016
You can read a few more delicious milk/condensed milk sweet desserts . Click on the images in the gallery to read.