Ingredients for Murukk:
1. Urud daal (black gram daal) – ½ cup
2. Green gram daal – ¼ cup
3. Rice powder – 1.5 cups
4. Asafoetida powder – ¼ small spoon
Black sesame seeds – 1 small spoon
Cumin seeds – 1 small spoon
Salt – For taste
5. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Murukk?
1. Cook urud daal and green gram daal adding 1.5 cup water in a pressure cooker.
2. Once the contents get cooled, prepare batter adding rice powder and ingredients no: 4.
3. Mix the contents well and place a little in Sevanaazhi (idiyappam maker). Use the mould for making murukk.
4. Heat oil and press Sevanaazhi in circular motion to prepare muruk in round shapes.
5. Deep fry both sides till golden brown.
6. Drain off excess oil.
Recipe Source: Vanitha Magazine February 15-29, 2012
Read a few more rice flour snack recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.