Mix Fruit Payasam
Ingredients for Mix Fruit Payasam:
1. Big sized banana (Kerala banana) – 2, cut into small pieces
2. Apple – 1, big, cut into small pieces
3. Pine apple – 3 pieces
4. Ghee – 50 gm
5. Jaggery – 250 gm
6. Coconut milk 1st and 2nd extract – From 1 coconut
7. Milk – 2 glasses
8. Cardamom powder – 5 gm
9. Cashews – 25 gm
10. Raisins – 25 gm
How to prepare Mix Fruit Payasam?
1. Heat ghee in an urli and fry cashews and raisins.
2. Keep the fried cashews and raisins aside.
3. In the remaining ghee, add pieces of pine apple, apple and banana.
4. Cook till the contents are almost cooked and blend well.
5. Add jaggery mixture and mix well.
6. When the contents are almost dry, add 2nd extract of coconut milk and mix well.
7. Boil your payasam till it thickens and then add cardamom powder.
8. Mix it well and add milk.
9. Blend the contents well and before it starts boiling, add 1st extract of coconut milk.
10. When your payasam starts boiling, take off from flame.
11. Sprinkle fried raisins and cashews on top.
Grahalakshmi Magazine October 1-15, 2015
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.