Meen Chuttath (Fish Grilled)
Ingredients for Meen Chuttath (Fish Grilled):
1. Yellow Fin Tuna Fish (Kera Meen) – 250 g
2. Lemon juice – 1 small spoon
Salt – 1 small spoon
3. Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Curry leaves -1 stalk
Ginger – 1 small piece
Shallots – 4
Garlic – 2 cloves
Chill powder – 1 small spoon
Pepper – 5 seeds
Tomato – ½
Salt – As required
4. Banana leaf pieces – To wrap fish pieces
How to prepare Meen Chuttath (Fish Grilled)?
1. Clean fish and make 2 inch square pieces with ½ inch thickness.
2. Marinate fish pieces with ingredients no: 2.
3. Allow it to rest for half an hour and wash the fish pieces.
4. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 3.
5. Marinate fish pieces with this paste and allow it to rest for next half hour.
6. Heat tawa and apply a little oil.
7. Cook fish pieces. Flip both sides to cook fish pieces well.
8. Place banana leaf pieces above the flame to make them soft.
9. Wrap each fish piece along with gravy in each banana leaf piece.
10. Place them in frying pan and close with a lid.
11. Flip and fry both sides for a while (similar to Karimeen Pollichath).
Recipe Source: Vanitha Magazine February 15-29, 2012