Let’s identify childhood fears
Anxiety is the main reason for childhood fears and several mental problems. Their tensions mostly surround their mothers. Identify those fears before they reach the stage of depression and similar mental related issues. Also read: How to get rid of sleeping disorders in kids?
1. Child can fear darkness, school or exams. It suitable measures are not taken in the primitive stages, it can lead to depression.
2. When he turns 5, give him a separate room to sleep. If he wakes up from sleep and comes near you, never scold him.
3. Provide dim light in the room. For the first few days, mother can sleep with him. You can inform him that you will leave the room once he sleeps.
4. You can engage him in cycling and swimming. These sports improve his courage, which helps him to get rid of fears.
Simple tips to make him sleep alone
Sleeping alone – means get rid of fears. By doing so, he gains a lot of self-confidence. For that, mother can follow these steps.
1. At first use a separate bed for your kid in your bed room itself, and make him sleep in the new bed for a few days.
2. After 1 month, you can exchange his bed to the nearby room.
3. Provide dim light in his room while sleeping. If he is disturbed with its brightness, let him make up his mind to switch off the lights.
4. Tell him a few stories at bed time, and sleep with him for a while, if he is adopted to such habits till then.
5. Tell him in advance that, you will leave the room soon after he sleeps.
6. Try to include some of this passions and hobbies in his bed room to make it a comfort zone. If so your kid won’t feel lonely being alone.
7. Keep his favourite toys beside his bed while sleeping.
Image source: Pixabay
Also read a few more articles on parenting. Click on the images in the gallery to read