Konju Madakkiyath (Prawns Madakkiyath)
Ingredients for Konju Madakkiyath (Prawns Madakkiyath):
1. Prawns – 100 gm
2. Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Salt – For taste
3. Coconut oil – 2 big spoons
4. Onions – 2, finely chopped
Green chillies -5, finely chopped
5. Ginger – ½ inch piece, chopped
Garlic – 5 cloves, chopped
6. Garam masala powder – ¼ small spoon
Coriander leaves and curry leaves – A little
7. Raw rice (Pachari) – 1 glass soaked
Coconut scrapped – ½ glass
Cooked rice – ½ glass
Salt and water – As required
Egg – 1
How to prepare Konju Madakkiyath (Prawns Madakkiyath)?
1. Cook prawns adding salt and turmeric powder.
2. Heat oil and sauté ingredients no: 4.
3. Add garlic and ginger to it and sauté again.
4. Add cooked prawns to it, and mix well.
5. Add ingredients no: 6, mix well and take off from flame.
6. Transfer ingredients no: 7 to a mixer and grind well to prepare the batter.
7. Heat a tawa, pour a little batter and prepare pancakes.
8. Flip both sides to cook each pancake and place a little prawn filling at the centre.
9. Then fold all the four sides to get a square shape.
10. Flip both sides of your pancake in your tawa and continue the process for remaining batter as well.
11. Serve hot.
Recipe Source: Vanitha Magazine February 15-29, 2012
You can read a few more delicious prawn snack recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.