Ingredients for Diamond Cuts:
1. Maida – 500 gm
Eggs – 2
Butter melted – 1 big spoon
Salt – A little
Milk and water – As required
2. Oil – To fry
3. Sugar – ¼ kg
Water – ½ cup
4. Sesame seeds – ½ small spoon
Cumin seeds – ½ small spoon
How to prepare Diamond Cuts?
1. Knead dough similar to chappatti using ingredients no: 1.
2. You can add milk or water as your preference to prepare the dough.
3. Allow the dough to rest for half an hour.
4. Knead once again and make small balls from them.
5. Spread thin and cut diamond shapes from them
6. Deep dry in hot oil.
7. Melt sugar adding 1/2 cup water to prepare sugar solution. Wait till it turns thread like.
8. Add cumin and sesame seeds to sugar solution and mix well.
9. Add fried diamond cuts to this sugar solution and stir well using a spatula.
10. Serve this snack with hot coffee or tea.
Vanitha Magazine 2017 November 1-14
You can read a few more all-purpose flour snack recipes here. Click on the gallery images to read.