Vegetable Stuffed Roti
Ingredients for Vegetable Stuffed Roti:
1. Wheat powder – 2cups
Salt and water – As required
2. White chickpeas cooked – 1 cup (should be cooked well)
Muringa leaves – 1 cup
Garam masala powder – ½ small spoon
Green chillies – 2, chopped fine
Ginger chopped fine – ½ small spoon
Chilli powder – ¼ small spoon
Salt – As required
3. Ghee – As required
How to prepare Vegetable Stuffed Roti?
1. Knead ingredients no: 1 to prepare chapatti dough.
2. Smash cooked chickpeas to a fine paste.
3. Along with it, mix the remaining ingredients listed as no: 2. This is the filling used for stuffed roti.
4. Make lemon-sized small balls from chapatti dough and spread thin round shaped chapattis.
5. Place a little chickpeas-muringa leaves mixture inside and fold from four sides.
6. Again spread it to round shaped rotis.
7. Heat a tawa and cook stuffed rotis.
8. Apply a little ghee on both sides of rotis while frying them.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine August 1-14, 2017