Ladoo in 4 varieties
Here I present 4 different varieties of Ladoo recipes. These recipes were published in Mathrubhumi Nagaram supplement.
Rava Coconut Ladoo
Ingredients for Rava Coconut Ladoo:
1. Rava – ½ cup
2. Coconut scrapped – ½ cup
3. Sugar – 1 cup
4. Cardamom powdered – 3 nos:
5. Ghee – 2 tablespoon
6. Raisins – To decorate
How to prepare Rava Coconut Ladoo?
1. Heat a pan and fry rava well.
2. Fry coconut also separately.
3. Boil sugar in half cup of water.
4. Slowly add roasted rava and coconut to it and mix well.
5. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Keep the flame low.
6. When water content is fully absorbed put the flame off.
7. Allow the contents to cool for a little bit.
8. Before it cools completely, make lemon sized balls.
9. Apply a little ghee on your palms before you make balls.
10. Stuff ladoos with one or two raisins and decorate.
Carrot Oats Ladoo
Ingredients for Carrot Oats Ladoo:
1. Grated carrot – 1 cup
2. Oats – ½ cup
3. Coconut grated – ½ cup
4. Ghee – 1 tablespoon
5. Sugar – 1 cup (You can adjust it as you want)
How to prepare Carrot Oats Ladoo?
1. Heat sugar and ghee together in a pan.
2. When ghee melts reduce the flame and add the remaining ingredients.
3. Stir continuously till contents are mixed well, and well cooked.
4. Put the flame off when it is done and allow the mixture to cool a little bit.
5. Before the contents are fully cooled, make ladoos out of them.
6. You can serve ladoos once they are cooled.
Ingredients for Paneer Ladoo:
1. Paneer – 1 cup
2. Milk – ¼ cup
Condensed milk – ¼ cup
Cardamom powder – A pinch
Vanilla essence – 1 drop
Sugar – 2 tsp
3. Pista – To decorate
How to prepare Paneer Ladoo?
1. Crumble paneer first.
2. Along with ingredients no: 2, transfer paneer to a mixer jar.
3. Blend well and make a fine paste.
4. Heat the mixture in a sauce pan in low flame.
5. Stir continuously so that contents won’t stick on to sides or bottom of the pan.
6. When it’s well mixed and cooked, put the flame off.
7. Allow the contents to cool.
8. Make small ladoos from this mixture and garnish with pista.
Dry Fruits Ladoo
Ingredients for Dry Fruits Ladoo:
1. Dates – 15
2. Figs – 4
Raisins – 20
3. Almonds – 25
Cashews – 10, broken into small pieces
Pista – 20 (as whole)
4. Mixed nuts – 1.5 table spoons
5. Ghee – 1 tsp
6. Cardamom powder – 1/8 tsp
How to prepare Dry Fruits Ladoo?
1. Remove seeds from dates, and blend once in a mixer.
2. Cut figs into parts and blend once in mixer along with raisins.
3. Toast mixed nuts and powder it.
4. Heat ghee in a pan.
5. Add blended mixtures of dates, figs and raisins to it and sauté for 5 minutes in low flame.
6. Add cardamom powder.
7. Add nuts powder to it and mix the contents well.
8. Put off the flame and allow the ingredients to cool.
9. Add chopped nuts (ingredients no: 3) to it.
10. Mix the contents well and make lemon sized ladoos to serve.
Image source: Pixabay
You can read a few more laddu recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.