Chakka Kuru – Maanga Curry (Jack Seed Mango Curry)
Ingredients for Chakka Kuru – Maanga Curry (Jack Seed Mango Curry):
1. Jack seed cleaned and cut lengthwise – 250 gm
2. Onions – 1, sliced
Green chillies – 5, split lengthwise into four parts
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Salt – As required
3. Coconut – 1, scrapped
4. Green mango (less sour) – 1, sliced
5. Refined oil/coconut oil – 2 big spoons
6. Shallots chopped – 1 big spoon
Red chillies – 2, broken into two
Curry leaves – 1 stalk
Mustard – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Chakka Kuru – Maanga Curry (Jack Seed Mango Curry)?
1. Extract 1 cup of 1st milk and 3 cups of 2nd milk from scrapped coconut.
2. Mix jack seeds with ingredients no: 2 and cook adding 2nd extract coconut milk.
3. When jack seeds are well cooked, add mango pieces and cook again.
4. When mango pieces are well cooked, add 1st extract coconut milk.
5. Allow it to boil and take the curry from flame.
6. Heat oil and temper ingredients no: 6.
7. Pour this oil to curry and mix well.
8. Your Chakka Kuru Maanga Curry is ready to serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 15-31, 2012
You can read yet another Chakka Kuru – Maanga Curry recipe published in Vanitha Magazine in 2010.
Click to read a few green mango recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.