Banana – Coconut – Butterscotch Payasam (Nendrapazham – Thenga – Butterscotch Payasam)
Ingredients for Banana – Coconut – Butterscotch Payasam (Nendrapazham – Thenga – Butterscotch Payasam):
1. Sugar powdered – 100 gm
2. Butter -100 gm
3. Rich double cream – 100 gm
4. Kerala banana well ripen – 200 gm
5. Coconut – 50 gm
6. Ghee – 50 gm
7. Scrapped coconut second extract milk – 300 milli
Coconut milk first extract – 50 milli
How to prepare Banana – Coconut – Butterscotch Payasam (Nendrapazham – Thenga – Butterscotch Payasam)?
1. Heat sugar in a thick bottomed pan.
2. When sugar turns brown, add butter and melt it.
3. Add well whipped double cream to it and mix well.
4. When the contents thicken (sauce thick), take off from flame and allow the contents to cool. This is butterscotch sauce.
5. Remove skin and black threads from banana and cut into small pieces.
6. Cut coconut to small thin pieces.
7. Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan or urli, and fry coconut pieces till golden brown. Keep it aside.
8. In the remaining ghee, add banana and sauté well.
9. When banana turns dry, add butterscotch sauce to it and mix well.
10. Add second extract of coconut milk to it, cook in low flame and allow the contents to boil.
11. When banana is well cooked, put off the flame and add first extract coconut milk.
12. Decorate your Banana – Coconut – Butterscotch Payasam with fried coconut pieces and serve.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2016
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.