Purple Cabbage Payasam
Let us make this Onam a bit different by making Payasam/Pradhaman using vegetables from kitchen. I shall give you a simple sweet recipe that suits well for the occasion, published on Mathrubhumi Nagaram on August 30. 2017.
Ingredients for Purple Cabbage Payasam:
1. Milk – ½ litre
2. Purple Cabbage finely chopped – 1 cup
3. Sugar – ½ cup
4. Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
5. Ghee – 2 spoons
Purple Cabbage finely chopped – 1 table spoon, to decorate
Cashews – 8
How to prepare Purple Cabbage Payasam?
1. Wash the chopped cabbage and place it to drain excess water.
2. Then cook the cabbage in milk.
3. Add sugar and cook for a while in low flame.
4. Add cardamom powder.
5. When your cabbage payasam thickens, take it off from flame.
6. Heat ghee in a pan and sauté the cut cabbage pieces till its smell changes.
7. Add cashew nuts and fry till it turns brown colour.
8. Add this mixture to your prepare purple cabbage payasam and serve hot.
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.