Ingredients for Oats Oothappam:
1. Oats – 1 cup
Rava – ½ cup
Asafoetida powder – ¼ small spoon
Baking powder – ½ small spoon
Salt – For taste
Curd – 2 cups
Oil – A little
2. Carrot – 1, grated
Onions – 1, finely chopped
Green chillies -3, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 1 bundle, finely chopped
Salt – As required
How to prepare Oats Oothappam?
1. Mix together ingredients no: 2 to prepare the topping.
2. Mix together ingredients no: 1 to prepare batter for oothappam.
3. Add a little water if you feel batter is too thick.
4. Heat a tawa and pour one big spoon of batter to it and prepare dosas in low flame.
5. Flip both sides and then sprinkle a little topping on one side.
6. Press it using a spoon and pour a little oil on its top.
7. Close it with a lid and cook in low flame for a few minutes.
8. Flip once to fry that side as well.
9. Serve hot with coriander leaf – mint leaf chutney.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 15-31, 2017
You can read a few more Dosa, Idli and Ottathapam Breakfast recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.