Maampazha Semiya Payasam (Mango Vermicilli Payasam)
Ingredients for Maampazha Semiya Payasam (Mango Vermicilli Payasam):
1. Vermicelli – ½ cup
2. Sago – ½ cup
3. Coconut milk – 2 cups
4. Mango pulp – 1 cup
5. Condensed milk – 1 tin
6. Milk powder – 1 cup
7. Sugar – 1 cup
8. Cardamom powder – ¼ small spoon
9. Ghee – 2 big spoons
10. Cashew nuts – ½ cup
11. Raisins – ½ cup
How to prepare Maampazha Semiya Payasam (Mango Vermicilli Payasam)?
1. Fry vermicelli till golden brown and keep aside.
2. Cook sago adding sufficient water and once cooked, add coconut milk and boil.
3. Add fried vermicelli to it and mix well.
4. When it’s well cooked, add mango pulp.
5. When the contents are cooked well and get thickened, add condensed milk.
6. Mix milk powder in a little water and add to your payasam.
7. Finally add sugar and mix well.
8. When the contents are well boiled, sprinkle cardamom powder and put the flame off.
9. Fry raisins and cashews in hot ghee and decorate your Mango-Vermicilli Payasam.
Note: You can decorate your Mango-Vermicilli Payasam with fresh mango fruit pieces if you like. Otherwise you can serve it with Boondi or Boli. Read my boli recipe here.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine September 1-14, 2017
You can read more Payasam & Pradhaman recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.