Handy Tips While Preparing Indian Breakfast Dishes
1. While preparing flour/dough for Kozhukatta, add one spoon milk to the water. Then prepare Kozhukatta balls. They won’t break easily while cooking.
2. While preparing dough for Poori, add a pinch of sugar as well. Your poori turns crispy once fried.
3. Add a little milk while making dough of Poori. Your Poori turns soft.
4. While preparing vada for dosa, add a little curd to the batter. Vada turns soft and consumes less oil.
5. To prepare rice flour for steam cake you can use coconut water instead of normal water to make it delicious.
6. If you plan to have it along with banana, you can add a tea spoon of sugar too, along with the flour and scrapped coconut.
7. To make soft steam cake, once the flour is prepared adding water, salt and coconut, blend in mixer once.
8. If you add a little rava (sooji) to poori batter before preparing poori it tastes best.
9. You can prepare puttu powder adding scrapped coconut and salt to rice flour and place it in fridge for 3-4 days. If so you can make easy breakfast.
10. Add a little milk while grinding rice for appam. Appam turns soft.
11. While preparing Upma, add a little oil to rava before you prepare it. Rava won’t form clots during preparation.
Also go through the gallery of Common breakfast items of Kerala.
Image source: Pixabay