Chicken in Chilli Oyster
Ingredients for Chicken in Chilli Oyster:
1. Chicken breast – 200 gm
2. Oil – 2 big spoons
3. Ginger and garlic chopped – 40 gm each
Ginger-garlic paste – 40 gm
4. Onion – 2, medium sized chopped
Capsicum (red, yellow and green) – half each
Celery – 1 stem
5. Salt and pepper – As needed
Green chilli paste – 1 small spoon
6. Tomato sauce – 1 big spoon
Oyster sauce – 1 small spoon
Soya sauce – ½ small spoon
7. Spring onion – 4 big spoons cut into thin lengthy pieces
Coriander leaves – 2 big spoon
How to prepare Chicken in Chilli Oyster?
1. Cut chicken into small square pieces and wash till its ghee content is removed.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add ginger, garlic and Ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few moments.
4. Add capsicum, onions and celery and sauté for one minute.
5. Add chicken and mix for a while.
6. When colour of chicken changes to whitish, add pepper, salt and green chilli paste.
7. Add sauces to chicken. Mix well.
8. Add water and cook chicken.
9. To get thick gravy you can add a little corn flour mixed in water at the end of preparation.
10. Just before you serve, decorate your Chicken in Chilli Oyster with spring onion and coriander leaves.
Tips: You can also add cashew paste instead of corn flour to get thick gravy. Chop the remaining capsicum (half each of three colours) along with one onion, celery, spring onion and coriander leaves. Mix a little lemon juice (from half lemon), a little pepper powder (from two green peppers) and salt to get green salad.
Source: Vanitha Magazine July 1-14 2017