Ingredients for Lemon Rice:
1. Raw rice (Pachari) – 2 cups
2. Coconut oil – 4 big spoons
Cumin seeds – a pinch
Curry leaves – 4 stalks
Bengal gram dal – 50g
Groundnut – 50g
Green chillies – 4, chopped thin in round pieces
3. Turmeric powder – A little
4. Lemon juice – From 3 lemons
How to prepare Lemon Rice?
1. Wash 2 cup rice and keep aside for draining excess water.
2. Boil water to cook rice and when it starts boiling, add rice and sufficient salt.
3. When rice is ¾th done, drain excess water and spread to a plate to cool.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add ingredients one by one and sauté well.
5. Add a little turmeric powder and put the flame off quickly.
6. Add this mixture to cooked rice and mix well.
7. Add lemon juice and mix again.
8. When your lemon rice completely cools off, you can pack it and carry for travels.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 1-14, 2017
Click to read a few more rice main course recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.