Ingredients for Couscous Salad:
1. Couscous – 2 cups
Boiled water – 2 cups
2. Olive oil – 3 big spoons
3. Garlic – 2 cloves cut into fine pieces
4. Red capsicum – 1 cut into small pieces
5. Salad cucumber – 1 cut into small pieces, after removing its skin and seeds
Coriander leaves chopped – 2 stalks
Mint leaves chopped – 2 stalks
Basil leaves (Rama Tulasi is used for this purpose) chopped – 10 ns
6. Extra virgin olive oil – ½ cup
Chicken or vegetable stock – ½ cup
Lemon juice – 1 big spoon
Salt and pepper – As required
How to prepare Couscous Salad?
1. Take Couscous in a bowl, and add boiling water to it.
2. Now close the bowl with a tight lid. Water gets fully absorbed to Couscous, and will be cooked well.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan, and add garlic. Sauté it for a while till it gets a pleasant aroma.
4. Now add capsicum to it and sauté it till its skin starts shrinking. Transfer the contents from pan.
5. Add ingredients no: 5 and salt to it and mix well.
6. Spread the contents in a plate and allow it to cool.
7. Now take Couscous and place it in a big bowl. Now using a fork spread it gently and pour the vegetable mix slowly on its top.
8. Mix it gently without giving pressure.
9. Transfer all the ingredients listed as 6 to a bottle and shake well. The contents will be mixed well. It’s the dressing salad.
10. Now toss this dressing salad on the top of Couscous. Stylish Couscous Salad is ready.
Note: Couscous is bit expensive. But you can also prepare using wheat rava. You can add your desired vegetables to Couscous Salad, as your preference. You can make this dish pure veg or non-veg based on the stock chosen.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, May 1-14, 2017
Image source: Pixabay
Click to read a few vegetarian salad recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.