Ingredients for Beef Steak:
1. Beef with less fat (Under cut) – 1 kg
2. Green and ripen papaya smashed – 1 cup
3. Salt and pepper – As per preference
Vinegar – 1 big spoon
4. Tomato – 2, cut into two halves
Ingredients for Brown Sauce:
5. Oil – As required
6. Shallots chopped – ½ cup
7. Worcester sauce – 2 small spoons
Vinegar – ½ big spoon
Gravy after cooking meat – ½-3/4 cup
8. Corn flour powder – 1 spoon mixed in water
9. Salt – As required
How to prepare Beef Steak?
1. Cut beef to medium sized pieces. Then smash it using some weapon or stone.
2. Mix papaya to smashed beef pieces and keep aside for one hour.
3. Remove whole papaya from it, and marinate it using ingredients no: 3.
4. Keep aside for 2 hours.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry the tomato cut into two pieces. Keep it aside.
6. Now fry the chicken in that oil. Both sides should be fried well. Beef should be well-cooked too.
7. To prepare brown sauce, heat oil and sauté oil.
8. Now add ingredients no: 7 and boil well in low flame.
9. When it boils, add corn flour mixed with water to it and enough salt, mix well and take from flame.
10. Transfer fried beef to a serving plate and pour brown sauce on its top.
11. Decorate your Beef Steak with fried tomato and coriander leaves.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, June 15-30, 2017
Also read: Beef-Kaaya Piralan recipe