Beef-Omelet Biryani (Irachi Omelet Biryani)
Ingredients for Beef-Omelet Biryani:
1. Beef cut into medium sized pieces – ½ kg
2. Salt and water – As needed
3. Garlic – 1 full
Ginger – 1 small piece
Fennel seeds – 1 small spoon
Meat masala powder – 1 small spoon
Coriander powder – 1 big spoon
Chilli powder – ½ big spoon
Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
4. Ghee – 5 big spoons
5. Bay leaf (Vayana Ila) – 4
Onions sliced thin – 2
Green chillies split into two or four – 3
6. Tomato cut into very fine pieces – 2
7. Broken cashews – 1 big spoon
Coconut scrapped – 3 big spoons
8. Coriander leaves – A little
9. Water – As required
Bay Leaves – 4
Salt – For taste
Lemon juice – 1 big spoon
10. Biryani rice – ½ kg
11. Eggs whipped – 3
12. Onions chopped – 2 big spoon
Green chillies finely chopped – 2
Salt – As required
Ghee – 2 big spoons
How to prepare Beef-Omelet Biryani?
1. Add sufficient water and salt to beef pieces and cook using a pressure cooker.
2. Make a fine paste of all ingredients listed as 3.
3. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 7 and keep separate.
4. Heat 5 big spoons of ghee in a pan, and sauté ingredients no: 5.
5. When it’s done, add the gravy (the fine paste of spices) and sauté again it changes colour and gives a pleasant aroma.
6. Now add cut tomatoes and sauté again.
7. Add cooked beef pieces along with its water (cooked in a pressure cooker) and boil the contents.
8. When it gets thick, add the coconut paste, coriander leaves and salt and allow it to boil. Mix well and put the flame off.
9. In a big vessel to cook biryani rice, add ingredients no: 9, and allow them to boil.
10. Add biryani rice to it, cook well and drain off excess water.
11. Mix ingredients no: 12 with eggs to make omelets.
12. In the serving vessel in which you want to set the biryani, spread half of cooked rice, followed by a layer of cooked meat, almost half of the content.
13. Place omelet on its top and spread the remaining meat, followed by rice. Pour ghee on its top.
14. Cover the vessel using aluminum foil and bake your beef-omelet biryani.
15. Flip once the contents (like a pudding) on the serving plate, and serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, June 15-30, 2017
You can read more Biryani recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.