Some dishes catch spectator’s eye for its unique names, with a humour sense. Chicken Pottetherichath, Chicken Cheeripaanjath, Swargakoyi, Chicken Paalkaaran etc are some of the catching names given to the non-vegetarian items of ‘Adaminte Chaayakada’ restaurant of Kozhikode. Some of the traditional non-vegetarian dishes with some added flavours made this attempt, a great success. Here is the recipe of Chicken Pottetherichath.
Ingredients for Chicken Pottetherichath:
1. Boneless chicken (Breast piece) – ½ kg
2. Salt – As needed
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 big spoon
Red chillies grinded to a paste – 2 big spoons
Red food colour – One small spoon (Optional/as needed)
Lemon juice/Vinegar – 1 big spoon
3. Samosa leaves – As required
4. Maida – 1.5 big spoons
5. Oil – To fry
How to prepare Chicken Pottetherichath?
1. Cut chicken breast lengthwise with 2.5 inch width. Wash it well and using hands squeeze its full water content.
2. Transfer chicken to a bowl, and mix well with ingredients no: 2.
3. Keep it in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
4. Take samosa leaf one by one, cut into very thin lengthy pieces and spread on a plate.
5. Take the chicken out from refrigerator, and mix well with maida.
6. Take each piece, and roll on cut samosa leaves so that the chicken get covered.
7. Pierce each piece in a skuver and fry in hot oil.
8. Serve with Schezwan sauce.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, May 1-14, 2017