Aval Unda (Rice Flakes Ladoo)
Ingredients of Aval Unda (Rice flakes ladoo):
1. Aval – ½ kg
2. Sharkkara (Jaggery) – ½ glass melted adding ½ glass water
3. Coconut – One half scrapped
4. Cardamom – 5, powdered
5. Cashew nuts – 5, broken
How to prepare Aval Unda (Rice flakes ladoo)?
- Heat an urli and fry aval. Aval should be fried well (enough to break into pieces), and blend using a mixer. Aval should never be powdered.
- From the aval mixture, keep aside ½ cup powdered aval.
- Melt jaggery and filter the dust particles. Then pour it to urli and boil it till it turns sticky.
- Add scrapped coconut to it and mix well. Add cardamom powder, mix well and put the flame off.
- Add aval to it little by little and mix the ingredients well. Then add broken cashews too.
- Make small aval balls from this mixture. Occasionally dip your hands in aval powder that’s kept aside, while making balls.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-30 2017.
You can read a few more Rice Flakes recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.