Ingredients for Lakkottappam:
1. Eggs – 4
Milk – 100 milli
2. Maida – 150 gm
3. Salt and water – As required
4. Coconut scrapped – 150 gm
Cardamom – 4, powdered
Water – 50 milli
5. Ghee – 2 small spoons
Egg – 2, blended
Sugar – 5 big spoons
Broken cashews and cut raisins – 1 big spoon each
6. Sugar – 75 gm
Water – 1 cup
7. Cardamom – 4, powdered
How to prepare Lakkottappam?
1. Blend well ingredients no: 1. Add maida to it and mix well.
2. Add sufficient water and salt to the above mixture to prepare batter for pancake.
3. Mix contents no: 4 and fry well in a pan.
4. When water content is fully absorbed, add ingredients no: 5.
5. Stir continuously till egg content is fried well. This is the filling for pancake.
6. Heat a pan and pour pancake batter in 3 inch width.
7. Spread the batter thinner and place the filling in the centre.
8. Fold all the four sides towards inner side to get a square shape. Press it well.
9. Now prepare another pancake slightly bigger than first one.
10. Place one big spoon of filling at centre and spread it.
11. Now place the first prepared pancake inside the second one and fold the four ends to form a square.
12. Repeat the same process to prepare double-layered Lakkottappam.
13. Heat sugar in a pan adding sufficient water and prepare sugar solution. Add cardamom powder, mix well and put the flame off.
14. Place prepared Lakkottappams in a serving plate in a single layer and pour sugar solution on the top.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine August 15-30 2016
(Visited 79 times, 1 visits today)